The IFT UAM-CSIC Madrid is glad to announce the Open Call for IFT Programs in Particle Physics, Astroparticles and Cosmology, for the Academic Year 2016-2017.
Each program is planned to last up to three weeks and to focus on topics of timely interest in the field, with a distribution of seminars and discussion sessions determined by the organizers. Participants should be encouraged to attend the program for at least one week. This program is funded by the Severo Ochoa Excellence Award. For each program, these funds cover travel and local expenses for organizers and approximately 10 key participants, and also support for a number of additional researchers.
- Program title
- Brief description of the planned Program, including motivation, timeliness, goals and expected outcome.
- Proposal of (preferably several) approximate dates for the Program.
- List of organizers. At least one of the organizers must be a member of the IFT, agreeing to be responsible for the local organization.
- Expressions of interest to participate (for a minimum of ten days) of key scientists in the field of the Program.
The IFT is located at the campus of Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, and is very well communicated by train with downtown Madrid. The IFT brand-new building offers and excellent venue to host Programs, with several seminar and discussion rooms, and allowing all participants to have and office during their stay at the IFT.
There is one planned Program for the 2015-16 academic year:
- New horizons in observational cosmology: CMB polarization, 21 cm at large redshifts and dark energy surveys (IFT, June 13 to July 1, 2016). Info
For further information on the IFT Programs, see http://www.ift.uam-csic.es/es/events/workshop