Welcome to the web site of the Severo Ochoa Program, SO (IFT), of the Institute for Theoretical Physics – Instituto de Física Teórica (IFT) UAM-CSIC.
SO (IFT) is based on the grant awarded by the Spanish Secretary of State for Research, Development and Innovation, recognizing the IFT as the center of excellence for research in theoretical physics, after detailed evaluation by an international panel of world-leader researchers in different areas.
The initial recognition for the period 2013-2017 has been extended to the period 2017-2021. The present pages gather the information of Severo Ochoa activities in 2017-21, for information about the 2013-17 Severo Ochoa, see link
The 2017-21 SO (IFT) is centered on four main research lines:
• The Origin of Mass: Physics Beyond the Standard Model
• The Astroparticle/Cosmology Frontier.
• Quantum Gravity and String Theory.
• Strongly Quantum Systems.
The main actions fostered by the SO(IFT) are
• Profit of its unique facilities in its modern building in the UAM campus, in order to continue it successful high-level visitor program, and to organize numerous international workshops, extended programs and advanced schools.
• Reinforce the IFT policy of human resources to maintain an even increase the attractiveness and international competitiveness of our postdoc and predoc offer.
• Reinforce our connections with experimental groups at LHC as well as with Astroparticle and Cosmology groups.
• Improve our high performance computing facilities, to the level required by the new scientific challenges.