The Institute for Theoretical Physics (IFT) in Madrid is offering PhD positions for talented Early Stage Researchers within the framework of the Doctoral INPhINIT “la Caixa” fellowships, in the fields of Particle Physics, Astroparticles and Cosmology.
These are 3 year PhD positions, cofunded by the EU Marie Sklodowska-Curie program, at the top scientific research centers in Spain, accredited with the Severo Ochoa excellence award. Candidates are expected to have completed their Master by October 2019, to start the PhD studies. The international character of the program requires candidates to have spent no more than 12 months in Spain in the 3 years just before the starting date.
On top of a competitive salary, the position offers a dedicated budget for short scientific visits to other research centers. In addition the IFT offers additional funds to attend schools or international workshops related to the PhD research topics.
The IFT is offering 10 projects within this Call:
– Windows on Quantum Gravity (Prof. Enrique Álvarez)
– Supergravity and holography (Dr. Oscar Varela)
– String Theory, Particle Physics and Cosmology (Prof. Luis E. Ibañez)
– Physics beyond the Standard Model on the Earth and the Sky (Prof. Alberto Casas)
– Non-perturbative dynamics in the flavour sector of the Standard Model (Dr. Gregorio Herdoíza)
– Heavy axions and ALPs (Prof. Belén Gavela)
– Gravitational waves, dark matter and large scale structures (Prof. Juan García-Bellido)
– Applied holography in condensed matter physics and QCD (Prof. Karl Landsteiner)
– Algorithms for quantum computers (Prof. Germán Sierra Rodero)
– A multidisciplinary approach to dark matter searches (Prof. Carlos Muñoz)
IFT and La Caixa Foundation are equal opportunity institutions. Applications by female scientists are specially encouraged.
Deadline for application: February 6th 2019, 14:00 CET
Applications should be completed online here
– Web site