There is a new opening for PhD positions at the IFT, including three positions associated to the Severo Ochoa Excellence Center grant.
Candidates are expected to carry out a PhD in one of the strategic research lines of the IFT, which include particle phenomenology, astroparticle physics, nuclear theory, string theory, gravitation and cosmology, lattice and quantum field theory, and quantum information theory. They should have an excellent academic track record, and are expected to hold an academic degree that grants access to a PhD program at the time of formalisation of the contract.
The deadline for applications is from October 3rd to October 18th 2017 at 15:00
More information (in Spanish) can be found at: Click here
Note that the applications have to be filed through the Web page of the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO):
Candidates interested in joining the IFT should select one of the following grants:
– SEV-2016-0597-1 Standard Model and Beyond (contact: Alberto Casas)
– SEV-2016-0597-2 Astroparticles and Cosmology (contact: Juan García-Bellido)
– SEV-2016-0597-3 String Theory and Quantum Gravity (contact: Esperanza López)
– FPA2016-78645-P New Avenues in Particle Physics (contact: María José Herrero; Enrique Fernández-Martínez)
They are expected to provide:
– A copy of the passport
– An updated CV, either in English or Spanish
– A certificate of academic degrees and a certificate of the Masters degree, both indicating:
• Issue date
• List of subjects and grades, with the dates when they were obtained
An official translation should be provided for titles not issued in Spanish or English.
In addition they can send an expression of interest to the IFT by registering online at
The fellowships will cover a four-year period, with conditions as specified in the Ministry call. This includes a competitive salary and full health insurance. Selected candidates will be included in IFT grants, which provide additional funds for scientific visits, attendance to advanced schools and workshops, and other training activities.
IFT is an equal opportunity institution. Applications to this program by female scientists are particularly encouraged.
Should you need any further information or assistance concerning the application, please contact the IFT at email@example.com
Miércoles, Octubre 18, 2017 – 3:00pm