There is a new opening for PhD positions at IFT, involving five positions associated to the Severo Ochoa Excellence Center grant. Candidates are expected to carry out a PhD in one of the strategic research lines of the IFT, which include particle phenomenology, astroparticle physics, nuclear theory, string theory, gravitation and cosmology, lattice and quantum field theory, and quantum information theory.
The reference codes of the fellowships are:
- CEX2020-001007-S-21-1 Quantum Matter and Fields (contact: Esperanza López)
- CEX2020-001007-S-21-2 Strings and quantum gravity (contact: Fernando Marchesano)
- CEX2020-001007-S-21-3 Origin and composition of the universe: Astroparticles and Cosmology (contact: Juan García-Bellido)
- CEX2020-001007-S-21-4 Particle Physics in the Standard Model and Beyond – I (contact: Alberto Casas)
- CEX2020-001007-S-21-5 Particle Physics in the Standard Model and Beyond – II (contact: David G. Cerdeño)
The fellowships will cover a four-year period, with conditions as specified in the Ministry call. This includes a competitive salary and full health insurance. Selected candidates will be included in IFT grants, which provide additional funds for scientific visits, attendance to advanced schools and workshops, and other training activities.
IFT is an equal opportunity institution. Applications to this program by female scientists are particularly encouraged.
Fully detailed information about the call (in Spanish) can be found at this link
A short guide in English to the application page can be found here
Applications have to be filed through the webpage of the Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation, and Universities:
The application period is from 28 October to 11 November 2021 (hard deadline at 14:00 CET of the closing day).
Candidates are expected to provide:
– A copy of the passport.
– An updated CV, either in English or Spanish.
– A certificate of academic degrees and (if available) a certificate of the Masters degree, both indicating:
• Issue date.
• List of subjects and grades, with the dates when they were obtained.
• For degrees from non-Spanish universities, certificates must include basic information about the interpretation of grades (maximum and minimum values, and passing grade).
If a certificate is not complete because some grades are not available, a partial certificate can be provided as well. What is important is that the candidate holds an academic degree that grants access to a PhD program at the time of formalisation of the contract.
An official translation should be provided for titles not issued in Spanish or English.
Candidates should have an excellent academic track record. We encourage them to send an expression of interest directly to the IFT, through the form:
This will help our assessing of interested candidates. We stress however that the expression of interest is NOT a formal application, and the latter has still to be filed at the Ministry webpage as described above.
Should you need any further information or assistance concerning the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, 11 November, 2021 – 2:00pm